Full renovation of an existing bathroom in a Dublin city centre apartment
The client required a full renovation of their existing bathroom in a City Centre apartment block.
The brief was to remove the bath, replace with a large shower tray and to fit a new thermostatic shower valve. Removal and replacement all of sanitary ware and tiles were also required.
As there was no parking on site and it was not possible to have a skip delivered to the property, careful planning and timing were crucial for the smooth operation of this project.
– As with all of our projects, we began by stripping the bathroom right back to the stud walls and original flooring
– A full new first fix was required for both the plumbing and electrical work
– As per clients request a new stud wall was then created to accommodate a niche in the shower and a ledge around the mirror
– Once completed all walls and ceiling were re-slabbed, tiled and skimmed
– The job was completed with the 2nd fixing of both plumbing and electrical to include fitting new Merlin shower door, new heated towel rail, vanity unit with warm white LED strip and accessories
– All waste removed from the property
The result …